You may have heard of many guitar amp options as you plan on buying one for your guitar. There are some great options like the G50 and many more. It is important to compare the features of them all along with their high points and low, their price and value for money and much more.
It is important not to be impulsive in purchase as a guitar amp decides how you will sound in front of a crowd. This site compares the G50 to similar amps, which should help you decide which one to buy. However, there are also many checks that one must do before making the payments.
One must always test the electric guitar amp to ensure it suits your needs. As there are many things that must be considered before making the buy, these include tone, distortion, features and whether the price is worth the product etc. Without taking a thorough check, there is no way to tell. Following are a few tests one must do before you buy the guitar amp.
As a heads up, it is a good idea to inform the sales person of the store beforehand that you wish to try the guitar amp, so they are aptly prepared.
- Make sure that the outlet of the guitar amp is appropriate to work where controls are made by switch and that the outlet is live. As this often poses as a problem in different places of performance.
- Turn the knobs for the volume to the lowest as well as the highest. So you get an idea of how loud you would sound and if it matches the volume at which you usually play.
- Always make sure the electric guitar is also plugged in, else the complete test is a waste. Carry your own guitar for best results.
- Check if the amp has a light to indicate that the power is on. This is an added advantage.
- Try all the tone controls including bass, middle, treble to their mid way point to know their performance.
- Spend some time playing music and listen to how it sounds.